[Box Backup] Boxbackup user

Timothy Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 21 Feb 2008 12:13:39 +1100

Hello again everyone,

I was wondering, is boxbackup hardcoded to use the _bbstored user?
I've searched on the wiki, but can't find anything about this. I know
that the port is hard coded, so maybe the user is too. The reason is
my distribution doesn't seem to like the _ at the beginning. I could
force it, but I don't want to break anything else.

I'm asking this because I'm getting the raidfile 8/2 error, which is
permissions error. But if I su to my bbstored user, I can touch files
and make dirs, in the directory specified in my raidfile, so I'm sure
it's not a permissions error. Unless it needs access to other things
too?

Changing the User option to root works, but I would prefer not to run
with these permissions.

Kind regards,
Timothy.