[Box Backup] BB not transfering all files/directories

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 20 Feb 2008 18:50:29 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Benedikt and Per,

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008, Per Reedtz Thomsen wrote:
> On 2/20/08 3:14 AM, Benedikt Niessen wrote:
>> I accidentally removed the 0000001-Directory (1 is the id of my only
>> client) but now I get the following messages even I reinstalled completely
>> new (the bbstored-Server)
>>
>> > bbstored[32451]: SSL err during Load certificates:
>> > error:0200100D:system library:fopen:Permission denied
>> > bbstored[32451]: SSL err during Load
>> > certificates: error:20074002:BIO routines:FILE_CTRL:system lib
>> > bbstored[32451]: SSL err during Load
>> > certificates: error:140DC002:SSL
>> > routines:SSL_CTX_use_certificate_chain_file:system lib
>> > bbstored[32451]: bbstored: terminating due to
>> > exception Server TLSLoadCertificatesFailed (3/25)
>> > bbstored/hk[32452]: bbstored: terminating due to
>> > exception Common OSFileError (Error accessing a file. Check
>> > permissions.) (1/9)
>>
>> I checked all permissions, changed to 777 for files and folders, checked
>> the folders, reinstalled boxbackup-server completely but no use. It just
>> doesnt want to work anymore.

Please check the CertificateFile path in bbstored.conf. Check that you can
list the file indicated there even when running as _bbstored user. For
example:

   sudo -u _bbstored ls /etc/box/bbstored/server.name.pem

> It seems like there is a problem accessing the certificate files. Those are
> usually kept in /etc/box/bbstored/ca/*

Actually they are not usually in the "ca" directory, that's for CA files
and really they should not even be on the bbstored server at all. See
[http://www.boxbackup.org/trac/wiki/CertificatesAndAccountsManagement]:

"Setting Up the Certificate Authority... It's best to do this on a machine
other than your server, probably without direct network access. The
contents of this directory control who can access your backup store
server."

>> I checked for a debugoption but the FreeBSD-Port doesnt offer any and the
>> "ExtensiveLogging" is set to yes but doesnt help at all.

I've improved the debugging messages in the trunk to show the actual path
that it was trying to access. If you still can't get it to work, please
try the latest development version from trunk. See
[http://www.boxbackup.org/trac/wiki/SourceCodeRepository] for details.