[Box Backup] Announcing 0.11 Release Candidate 1

Stuart Hickinbottom boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Sun, 13 Jan 2008 20:34:01 +0000

Excellent news, Chris, and thanks for the efforts of you and everyone else.

On i386 Gentoo it compiles for me, but on running the tests it hangs
during the 'backupstorefix' test stage. The log for that test, at the
point it's hung, contains:

TEST: test/backupstorefix
Killing any running daemons...
Removing old test files...
Copying new test files...
NOTICE: Account 0x01234567 created.

At this point there is both a bbstored process and a bbackupd process
running.

I've made sure that there weren't any other box backup processes running
before launching the tests.

The 'backupstore' test also seems to fail, with the following at the end
of the log:

FAILED: Exception caught: Connection SocketConnectError (Probably a
network issue between client and server, bad hostname, or server not
running.)

Now, I seem to remember that the hang also happens when running the
tests for 0.10, but I'm wondering what I could do to help debug this
behaviour - 0.10 does actually work fine on this platform.

Thanks,
Stuart