[Box Backup] Announcing 0.11 Release Candidate 1

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Mon, 14 Jan 2008 13:22:38 +0100 (CET)

Hi Stuart,

On Sun, 13 Jan 2008, Stuart Hickinbottom wrote:

> Excellent news, Chris, and thanks for the efforts of you and everyone
> else.
>
> On i386 Gentoo it compiles for me, but on running the tests it hangs
> during the 'backupstorefix' test stage. The log for that test, at the
> point it's hung, contains:
>
> TEST: test/backupstorefix
> Killing any running daemons...
> Removing old test files...
> Copying new test files...
> NOTICE: Account 0x01234567 created.
>
> At this point there is both a bbstored process and a bbackupd process
> running.

Thanks for testing, and I'm sorry that it's not working for you. I guess
you're running the tests in release mode? Please could you try to run them
in debug mode, check that the same problem happens, and then do this:

 	cd debug/test/backupstorefix
 	./t-gdb
 	(gdb) start
 	(wait for test to hang..., then press Control+C)
 	(gdb) bt

> The 'backupstore' test also seems to fail, with the following at the end of
> the log:
>
> FAILED: Exception caught: Connection SocketConnectError (Probably a network
> issue between client and server, bad hostname, or server not running.)

Could you provide a bit of context to that failure, like the last 10 lines
of the log? And/or email test-backupstore.log to me privately?

> Now, I seem to remember that the hang also happens when running the
> tests for 0.10, but I'm wondering what I could do to help debug this
> behaviour - 0.10 does actually work fine on this platform.

Thanks, I really appreciate your help testing and debugging this.