[Box Backup] Announcing 0.11 Release Candidate 1

Stuart Hickinbottom boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Mon, 14 Jan 2008 13:39:06 +0000

Yes, I was running the release version of the tests.

For backupstorefix:
Running it in debug (and doing a "c" since it immediately hits a
breakpoint when you run it), I see:

NOTICE: Running test backupstorefix in debug mode...
Entry 5: Old flag unset
Entry 3: Set old flag
Entry 2: Remove because ID already seen
Entry 5: Old flag unset
Entry a: File flag set when dir flag set
Entry a: Old flag unset
Entry 2: Set old flag
Entry id 4, correcting DependsOlder to 3, was 8627
Entry id 2 was marked that 1 depended on it, which doesn't exist,
dependency info cleared
Entry id 2 removed because depends on newer version 3 which doesn't exist
Entry id 4 was marked that 3 depended on it, which doesn't exist,
dependency info cleared
NOTICE: Account 0x01234567 created.
NOTICE: Box Backup Store Server v0.11rc1, (c) Ben Summers and
contributors 2003-2007
NOTICE: Starting daemon, version 0.11rc1, config: testfiles/bbstored.conf
Starting server: ../../bin/bbstored/bbstored testfiles/bbstored.conf
Waiting for server to start: done.
NOTICE: Box Backup Client v0.11rc1, (c) Ben Summers and contributors
2003-2007
NOTICE: Starting daemon, version 0.11rc1, config: testfiles/bbackupd.conf
Starting server: ../../bin/bbackupd/bbackupd  testfiles/bbackupd.conf
Waiting for server to start: done.
sleeping for 1 seconds
sleeping for 4 seconds

Then, nothing.

The backtrace on CTRL-C looks like:

#0  0xb7fe3410 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
#1  0xb7b7b373 in waitpid () from /lib/libc.so.6
#2  0xb7b24289 in ?? () from /lib/libc.so.6
#3  0x08052860 in sync_and_wait () at ../../lib/common/Test.h:433
#4  0x0804d9ba in test (argc=1, argv=0xbf8d2ec4) at
testbackupstorefix.cpp:366
#5  0x080536fe in main (argc=1, argv=0xbf8d2ec4) at _main.cpp:315

I'm using Linux 2.6.23, on x86.

For the 'backupstore' test:
I've emailed you the log for that (in debug mode) - let me know if I can
do any more (I'm comfortable with C/C++ and debugging).

When 0.11 stabilises I'll get an updated Gentoo package submitted.

Stuart