[Box Backup] Restoring deleted files recursively

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Sat, 19 Jan 2008 23:29:53 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Torsten,

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008, Chris Wilson wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Jan 2008, Torsten wrote:
>
> > Using bbackupquery 'restore' does recursively restore all files and
> > directories.
> >
> > 'restore -d' does only restore the (deleted) files in the requested
> > directory. It does NOT restore subdirectories.
> >
> > Is that the desired functionality?
>
> No, that sounds like a bug. I will look into it. Thanks for the report.

I just tried to reproduce this and was unable to. restore -d does seem to
restore deleted directories inside a deleted directory.

What I did was:

* run bbackupd test in debug mode
* cd debug/test/bbackupd
* ../../bin/bbstored/bbstored testfiles/bbstored.conf
* rm -rf testfiles/TestDir1/spacetest
* run bbackupd -c testfiles/bbackupd.conf -DV
* kill bbackupd with Ctrl+C after one backup run
* run bbackupquery -c testfiles/bbackupd.conf
* verify that Test1/spacetest is marked as deleted
* restore it with -d to a new directory

All directories are restored except the empty ones (d3 and d7) which are
automatically deleted by housekeeping.

Please could you try these steps for me and see if it does the same for
you? Does your situation resemble this one, or am I testing the wrong
thing?