[Box Backup] Re: Announcing 0.11 Release Candidate 1

Per Reedtz Thomsen boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Sun, 20 Jan 2008 16:38:55 -0800

On 1/20/08 3:36 PM, Chris Wilson wrote:
> Hi Reinhard,
>
> On Sun, 20 Jan 2008, Reinhard Tartler wrote:
>
>> However while working on the packaging, I've noticed that the
>> documentation (program manuals, installation guide and administator's
>> guide) are missing from the tarballs. In fact, the whole documentation/
>> directory from svn is missing.
>>
>> Can someone please comment on this? I'd love to include the excellent
>> documentation in the debian packages under /usr/share/doc/.
>>

> That would be a mistake. I'm working on fixing it now. Thanks for spotting
> it.
>
> Perhaps we should generate the built docs when building a release tarball,
> so that users don't need to install docbook and run it to generate usable
> docs?

I think that would be great. We could generate man-pages, and HMTL perhaps?

I have not had time to update the docs for 0.11, and I won't for at
least 2-3 weeks. I would like to help in getting the 0.11 docs
releasable, but I won't be able to until sometime in February... Paying
job is getting in the way. :-(
>> Btw, is the documentation under the same license as boxbackup?
>>

> I don't actually know, sorry. Perhaps Per Thomsen, who wrote it, can tell
> you? I'd like it to be under the same license, or perhaps GFDL.

I certainly meant it to be under the exact same terms as box itself. I
just took a quick look at the GFDL terms, and it seems to suffer from
the same issues that we discusses on-list around the 0.10 release.

I have license statements in the docs as they stand, but they do appear
to only refer to the software source, etc.

When I get time (or if someone else has the desire to help), I will
update them, and explicitly include the docs in the covered items of the
license.

Bottom line: the docs are covered by the BSD-ish license that covers the
rest of Box.

Thanks,
Per

--
Per Reedtz Thomsen | Reedtz Consulting, LLC | F: 209 883 4119
V: 209 883 4102    |   pthomsen@reedtz.com  | C: 209 996 9561