[Box Backup] Re: Announcing 0.11 Release Candidate 1

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Sun, 20 Jan 2008 23:36:10 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Reinhard,

On Sun, 20 Jan 2008, Reinhard Tartler wrote:

> Thank you very much for working on this release. I've updated the debian
> packages locally for me in my bzr branch and tested them in a virtualbox
> sid machine. I didn't spot any problems.

Thanks!

> However while working on the packaging, I've noticed that the
> documentation (program manuals, installation guide and administator's
> guide) are missing from the tarballs. In fact, the whole documentation/
> directory from svn is missing.
>
> Can someone please comment on this? I'd love to include the excellent
> documentation in the debian packages under /usr/share/doc/.

That would be a mistake. I'm working on fixing it now. Thanks for spotting
it.

Perhaps we should generate the built docs when building a release tarball,
so that users don't need to install docbook and run it to generate usable
docs?

> Btw, is the documentation under the same license as boxbackup?

I don't actually know, sorry. Perhaps Per Thomsen, who wrote it, can tell
you? I'd like it to be under the same license, or perhaps GFDL.

\ _/_/_/_//_/___/ | We are GNU : free your mind & your software |