[Box Backup] Manually deleting files

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Fri, 25 Jan 2008 19:34:31 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Oli and Matt,

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008, Oli wrote:

> Unfortunately the store has no old or 'deleted' files to delete, it's
> all 'current' :-(
>
> If I could convince it to do a backup run, it would probably mark as
> deleted a few.

I think you didn't say what version of Box Backup you're running on the
client.

Box Backup 0.11 (rc1) will do a backup run and delete excluded files even
if the store is full (or at least it should, please let me know if it
doesn't).

Box Backup 0.10 (stable release) will not do anything else after it
discovers that the store is full, unfortunately.

> Actually, that is helpful... you've given me a way to mark some bits as
> deleted immediately once I've increased the store size without waiting
> interfering with a full backup run, then I can shrink it again to force
> the deletion of the old bits.

Out of curiosity, what way was that? I didn't see it.

> I'd still quite like to be able to just zap the odd file/dir that I know
> doesn't need to be there any more (ie, I just excluded it on the client)

I'm thinking about adding that feature to 0.11, even though it's in
feature freeze right now, so I shouldn't really. At least it should be
quite simple and easy to add.

If you're running 0.10, I'd advise/request you to upgrade to 0.11rc1 on
the client and see if that fixes the problem for you.

\ _/_/_/_//_/___/ | We are GNU : free your mind & your software |