[Box Backup] Announcing 0.11 Release Candidate 1

James O'Gorman boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Tue, 29 Jan 2008 00:17:11 +0000

On Mon, Jan 28, 2008 at 06:58:48PM -0500, Eric Cronin wrote:
>  Aha, cool.  The original MacPorts portfile was pretty much a straight port
>  of FreeBSD's I believe, so I'll try to keep them synched up.  The biggest
>  difference between MacPorts and fbsd is that, like open, destrooting is
>  mandatory as we don't use port-provided plists...

Ah, cool :-) I'm still not quite sure how many people are using the
FreeBSD port as I don't get much feedback on it. Hopefully that means it
just works!

>  Looking over the freebsd port reminds me of another question I had: what is
>  BDB used for and should I put a knob for it in to the portfile?  The wiki
>  doesn't list it as a required package and my quick search couldn't turn up
>  what it was used for.

BDB is only used by the client, to store state information. It's not
required, but nice to have, so I've turned it on by default.

>  I also added a test target to the Portfile just now...

To be honest, I don't even use that, I had copied the idea from the
PostgreSQL port! Thought some people might like to use it, though.

James