[Box Backup] compile failure on fedora 9

Martin Ebourne boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 02 Jul 2008 19:40:21 +0100

On Tue, 2008-07-01 at 09:36 +0100, Chris Wilson wrote:
> That is very odd. Ben, Martin, do either of you know why this code thinks
> that memcpy should be in std? ::memcpy I could understand, but not
> std::memcpy. And it appears to work on a lot of platforms.

memcpy is in the cstring header file, and is therefore in the std
namespace on any modern/conforming compiler.

Box is including a lot of deprecated header files which are often marked
as such on newer compilers. We should fix all of them really.

Any old ISO C 89 header such as <string.h> loses the .h and gains a
contents are in the std namespace.

POSIX header files such as <unistd.h> are unaffected. I'm sure there's a
list somewhere out there.

Cheers,
Martin