[Box Backup] Logging on OS X - BB 0.11RC2

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 10 Jul 2008 17:24:50 +0100 (BST)

Hi Tobias,

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008, Tobias Balle-Petersen wrote:

> I'm running a BB 0.11RC2 client on OS X 10.4.7.
>
> In my sylog I get messages when starting and stopping boxbackup, but I
> dont get anything in the log while bb, presumably, backs up my files.
>
> I have ExtendedLogging = yes in my bbackupd.conf, and I am running
> bbackupd with the flag -V.
>
> Any ideas?

How is logging filtering controlled on OSX? Daemon start and stop are
logged at Notice level but most other events are logged at the lower Info
level as they are somewhat less important. Perhaps Info is being filtered
out by default on OSX?

\ _/_/_/_//_/___/ | We are GNU : free your mind & your software |