[Box Backup] Logging on OS X - BB 0.11RC2

Tobias Balle-Petersen boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Fri, 11 Jul 2008 09:26:24 +0200

Hello Chris

Chris Wilson wrote:
> How is logging filtering controlled on OSX? Daemon start and stop are
> logged at Notice level but most other events are logged at the lower Info
> level as they are somewhat less important. Perhaps Info is being filtered
> out by default on OSX?

This is my /etc/syslog.conf. Does that tell you anything?

authpriv.*;remoteauth.crit                              /var/log/secure.log

lpr.info                                                /var/log/lpr.log
mail.*                                                  /var/log/mail.log
ftp.*                                                   /var/log/ftp.log
netinfo.err                                             /var/log/netinfo.log
install.*                                               /var/log/install.log
install.*                                               @127.0.0.1:32376
local0.*                                                /var/log/ipfw.log
# local6.*                                              /var/log/box
# local5.info                                           /var/log/raidfile

*.emerg                                                 *
LOCAL4.*;LOCAL4.debug                                   /var/log/slapd.log

local6.*
/var/log/mailaccess.log

Thanks,
Tobias