[Box Backup] lazy and snapshot together, file formats and files changing often

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Fri, 20 Jun 2008 18:33:22 +0100 (BST)

Hi all,

On Fri, 16 May 2008, Louis-Dominique Dubeau wrote:

> On Fri, 2008-05-16 at 23:17 +0100, Chris Wilson wrote:
>
> > Snapshot mode does not force all files to be backed up. The same rules
> > about MinimumFileAge, MaxUploadWait, etc. are still observed. You could
> > argue that this is a bug.
>
> I would say it is strange.  I would definitely expect bbackupctl sync to
> force a all files to be backed up.

(Louis, sorry for the delay in replying to this)

What do other users think? Straw poll, should "bbackupctl sync" or
"force-sync" force all files to be backed up, ignoring the MinimumFileAge
and MaxUploadWait, or should it continue to behave as at present,
honouring those limits?

In the latter case, who wants a new bbackupctl command to override that
behaviour?

\ _/_/_/_//_/___/ | We are GNU : free your mind & your software |