[Box Backup] Wildcards in BackupLocations

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Sun, 23 Mar 2008 13:50:39 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Kjell,

On Sun, 23 Mar 2008, Kjell Christian Bruheim wrote:

> Is it posseble to use wildcards in the backuplocations in the client
> file? I.E. i want to make it backup "my documents" on a windows client
> nomather who logs on: %userprofile%\my documents\

I woulnd't consider that a wildcard but an environment variable. I
don't think it will work right now. And even if it did, I don't think it
will do what you want.

Let's say user A logs in and Box Backup backs up all their data to account
1 on the server. Then user B logs in with a completely different set of
files in their home directory. Box Backup will delete all of User A's
files on the server and upload User B's files instead. Then User A logs in
again, and all of User B's files get deleted on the server, and so on.