[Box Backup] Wildcards in BackupLocations

Kjell Christian Bruheim boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Sun, 23 Mar 2008 15:13:56 +0100

Chris Wilson wrote:
> Hi Kjell,
>
> On Sun, 23 Mar 2008, Kjell Christian Bruheim wrote:
>
>> Is it posseble to use wildcards in the backuplocations in the client
>> file? I.E. i want to make it backup "my documents" on a windows
>> client nomather who logs on: %userprofile%\my documents\
>
> I woulnd't consider that a wildcard but an environment variable. I
> don't think it will work right now. And even if it did, I don't think
> it will do what you want.
>
> Let's say user A logs in and Box Backup backs up all their data to
> account 1 on the server. Then user B logs in with a completely
> different set of files in their home directory. Box Backup will delete
> all of User A's files on the server and upload User B's files instead.
> Then User A logs in again, and all of User B's files get deleted on
> the server, and so on.
>
> Cheers, Chris.
The idea was to use %USERNAME% as remote folder name and
%USERPROFILE%\My documents as local folder to store like this:

%USERNAME%
    {
    Path = %USERPROFILE%\My documents\
    }

I was kinda hoping this would solve the problem. But it does not
recognize the %VARIABLE% :(

And my knowledge of environment variables is not that good. Is there
anywhere i can read me to some knowledge about it??