[Box Backup] Backing up to mounted network storage

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 8 May 2008 20:16:13 +0200 (CAT)

Hi Greg,

On Thu, 8 May 2008, Greg Bolshaw wrote:

> Thanks for the detailed reply. I will give it a go in a test environment
> and see how the performance and reliability suffer. Out of interest,
> what would happen if the network storage became unavailable during a
> backup? Would the client know where to resume from?

It depends exactly what happens to bbstored and whether all outstanding
requests to the NAS either succeed or fail, but if the NAS (and the
mounting client) implement sensible POSIX semantics then it should resume
successfully and automatically.