[Box Backup] notifyadmin in 0.11rc2 to chatty

Wolfgang Trexler boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 28 May 2008 15:52:43 +0200

Chris Wilson schrieb:
> Hi Wolfgang,
>
> On Wed, 28 May 2008, Wolfgang Trexler wrote:
>
>> I just installed 0.11rc2 and was wondering why the event
>>
>> backup-start and backup-finish
>>
>> where not handled separately in notifyadmin
>
> Did you upgrade or install fresh?

Hi Chris,

I upgraded the Debian packages from 0.10 to 0.11rc2 using the etch
backport packages on www.backports.org

BUT: As I was forced due to the Debian open-ssl disaster, I did an
aptitude "remove" first, moved the old /etc/boxbackup/ directory away
and did a new "aptitude install" of the boxbackup (client/server) packages.

> Where did your notify script come from?

Package from www.backports.org which generated "notifyadmin"

I checked my bbackupd-conf script and it would create the new
NotifySysadmin.sh script!

I test-installed the Debian backports package on another machine, and it
showed that the "old" version of the notifyadmin script is generated
during the package setup.

This is what I get for "aptitude install boxbackup-client"
Entpacke boxbackup-client (aus
.../boxbackup-client_0.11~rc2-3~bpo40+1_i386.deb) ...
Richte boxbackup-client ein (0.11~rc2-3~bpo40+1) ...

Creating config file /etc/boxbackup/bbackupd.conf with new version

Creating config file /etc/boxbackup/bbackupd/notifyadmin with new version

The output (and notifyadmin) is generated from the Debian postinst
script (in control.tar.gz) that runs after the installation

I'll forward this to the Debian package maintainer Reinhard T. in case
he's not checking the list.

br
Wolfgang