[Box Backup] Windows Boxbackup path configuration and eventlogs

Chris Wilson boxbackup@boxbackup.org
Sat, 1 Nov 2008 13:43:36 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Brendon,

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008, Brendon Baumgartner wrote:

> I'm having a hard time nailing down the Windows path exclusions. Does
> someone have a current example? I see the 0.10 example in Trac is quite
> a bit different than the example that comes with the latest agent.

The examples included in the configuration file are the best that I have.
Do you need something else? If you could describe what you're trying to do
in more detail then perhaps I can help more, and add more examples to the
config file or wiki.

> Also, is there a way to have boxbackup log file open errors to something
> other than the event log? My eventlog is getting flooded!

In the latest SVN trunk you can log to a file instead of the event log,
but I recommend that you do use the event log, and just reduce the detail
level if necessary. I'm surprised that the level of logging is excessive.
Which version of the client are you using? Could you give some examples of
messages that you don't think should be in the event log?

\ _/_/_/_//_/___/ | Stop nuclear war http://www.nuclearrisk.org |