[Box Backup] Windows Boxbackup path configuration and eventlogs

Brendon Baumgartner boxbackup@boxbackup.org
Sun, 2 Nov 2008 14:12:04 -0800

Does
> > someone have a current example? I see the 0.10 example in Trac is
> quite
> > a bit different than the example that comes with the latest agent.
>=20
> The examples included in the configuration file are the best that I
> have.
> Do you need something else? If you could describe what you're trying
> do
> in more detail then perhaps I can help more, and add more examples to
> the
> config file or wiki.
>=20
> > Also, is there a way to have boxbackup log file open errors to
> something
> > other than the event log? My eventlog is getting flooded!
>=20
> In the latest SVN trunk you can log to a file instead of the event
log,
> but I recommend that you do use the event log, and just reduce the
> detail
> level if necessary. I'm surprised that the level of logging is
> excessive.
> Which version of the client are you using? Could you give some
examples
> of
> messages that you don't think should be in the event log?

Thanks for the reply.

I'm using win32 build 1857, which I believe is the latest.

In about 12 hours, there are ~420 events in the logs. An example of some
of them are at the end. It would be nice to configure detail that goes
to the event log and flat file log separately. Maybe this is possible?=20

I notice if I restart the agent (stop/start) it crashes. If I stop the
agent, wait a few minutes, and then start it, it doesn't crash.

Many of my errors in the eventlog are about file open errors. I have
attempted to add exclusions, which I think I finally got right, but
it'll be awhile before I get the exclusion list correct. Windows has a
lot of open files!

Some errors:
ERROR: Exception caught (Connection Protocol_UnexpectedReply (Server
probably reported an error.) 7/47), reset state and waiting to retry...

WARNING: Suppressing duplicate notification about backup-error

WARNING: Exception thrown:
ConnectionException(Conn_Protocol_UnexpectedReply) at
autogen_BackupProtocolClient.cpp(1135)

[...]

ERROR: Exception caught (Connection TLSWriteFailed (Probably a network
issue between client and server.) 7/33), reset state and waiting to
retry...

WARNING: Exception thrown: ConnectionException(Conn_TLSWriteFailed) at
SocketStreamTLS.cpp(403)

ERROR: SSL error during Write: error:1409F07F:SSL
routines:SSL3_WRITE_PENDING:bad write retry