[Box Backup] Eventlog full with warnings

Chris Wilson boxbackup@boxbackup.org
Wed, 12 Nov 2008 22:32:22 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Roy,

On Wed, 12 Nov 2008, Roy wrote:

> > This is probably caused by the client or server throwing an exception and
> > not completing the backup run. It's probably a different problem. What
> > messages do you get on both sides at the end of the backup run that preceded
> > this one?
>
> I think that I myself was the problem. As you can see the last log lines
> are quite a bit earlier. Yesterday bbackupd took 100%CPU on my desktop
> machine, so I terminated it. That's probably the cause then. It didn't
> backup after this anymore until this morning I started my machine again.

Yes, that probably was the problem. The warning messages are harmless in
this case, as they simply indicate that the server didn't update the
largest used object ID in its database before it exited, so next time it
ran, when it tried to find an unused object ID, it initially tried some
that were already in use.

> Allready an idea what the other problem is?

I'm not sure, but I was wondering if you might have been moving files
around between directories while a backup was running? E.g. was "D:\Foto's
& Afbeeldingen\webimages\Tiger Extras Win\The Icons\Puft Smart Folder.ico"
moved from D:\Foto's & Afbeeldingen\Sonja to D:\Foto's &
Afbeeldingen\webimages\Tiger Extras Win\The Icons? It's a long shot I
know.

Otherwise I think that the in-memory ID Map database is becoming
corrupted, but I don't yet see how that could be possible, I'm still
working on it.

\ _/_/_/_//_/___/ | Stop nuclear war http://www.nuclearrisk.org |