[Box Backup] Eventlog full with warnings

Roy boxbackup@boxbackup.org
Wed, 12 Nov 2008 23:39:23 +0100

Chris Wilson wrote:
> Hi Roy,
>
> On Wed, 12 Nov 2008, Roy wrote:
>

>>> This is probably caused by the client or server throwing an exception and
>>> not completing the backup run. It's probably a different problem. What
>>> messages do you get on both sides at the end of the backup run that preceded
>>> this one?
>>>
>> I think that I myself was the problem. As you can see the last log lines
>> are quite a bit earlier. Yesterday bbackupd took 100%CPU on my desktop
>> machine, so I terminated it. That's probably the cause then. It didn't
>> backup after this anymore until this morning I started my machine again.
>>

> Yes, that probably was the problem. The warning messages are harmless in
> this case, as they simply indicate that the server didn't update the
> largest used object ID in its database before it exited, so next time it
> ran, when it tried to find an unused object ID, it initially tried some
> that were already in use.
>

>> Allready an idea what the other problem is?
>>

> I'm not sure, but I was wondering if you might have been moving files
> around between directories while a backup was running? E.g. was "D:\Foto's
> & Afbeeldingen\webimages\Tiger Extras Win\The Icons\Puft Smart Folder.ico"
> moved from D:\Foto's & Afbeeldingen\Sonja to D:\Foto's &
> Afbeeldingen\webimages\Tiger Extras Win\The Icons? It's a long shot I
> know.
>
> Otherwise I think that the in-memory ID Map database is becoming
> corrupted, but I don't yet see how that could be possible, I'm still
> working on it.
>
> Cheers, Chris.

Hi Chris,

No that example you gave, is not correct. Files in
"20080920-26_Hongarije" are possibly be renamed, but files in webimages
are certainly not renamed or moved.
Can I do something to prevent corrupting it? Or to reverse the process?

Thanks for you help!

Roy