[Box Backup] Which notifyScript is used?

Roy boxbackup@boxbackup.org
Thu, 20 Nov 2008 00:48:04 +0100

Chris Wilson wrote:
> Hi Roy,

>>> OK, I can't see an obvious reason for the problem. If you run:
>>>
>>>   cscript "C:\Program Files\Box Backup\NotifySysAdmin.vbs" foobar
>>>
>>> does it send you an email or not?
>>>
>> No it's not. That the strange thing. Although looking at the script it
>> is obvious that it doesn't, but why is BB itself doing it? It is driving
>> me crazy...
>>

> Is it possible that you changed the path to this script in bbackupd.conf
> and didn't restart the bbackupd service, so it's still using an old copy
> of the configuration (and hence an old path to the script)?
>
> Cheers, Chris.

No, the path and filename in the configuration hasn't changed for a long
time. So that's not the problem. And with Process Explorer I can't see
which file it opens, because probably it only show it, when it is being
used at that moment.
Really really strange... should I remove and then install the service?

Roy