[Box Backup] How to move boxbackup store to a larger disk?

Chris Wilson boxbackup@boxbackup.org
Fri, 12 Sep 2008 21:26:30 +0100 (BST)

Hi David,

On Fri, 12 Sep 2008, David H Kaufman wrote:

> At the end of which I had a happy, larger EXT3 filesystem on new-disk.
> But boxbackup doesn't like something I did - I ran:
>
> bbstoreaccounts check <id>
>
> and got a HEAP of these:
>
> File ID 61321 has different container ID, probably moved
> File ID 61a01 has different container ID, probably moved

Are you sure these messages weren't present before you resized the
filesystem? I suspect that they were.

> I was hoping that "fix" meant it would fix those container IDs, but
> rerunning "bbstoreaccounts check" reported the same errors. (At least,
> it was a heap of errors - I didn't verify that they were exactly the
> same ones.)

They are not actually errors. We should probably silence them. They just
mean that a file had been moved and the move was tracked by Box Backup.

> My real question: what is the right way to upgrade to a larger disk,
> without throwing away my existing boxbackup store?

What you did looks absolutely fine to me.

\ _/_/_/_//_/___/ | We are GNU : free your mind & your software |