[Box Backup] Restore fails on symbolic link to itself

Chris Wilson boxbackup@boxbackup.org
Sat, 13 Sep 2008 10:59:05 +0100 (BST)

Hi David,

On Fri, 12 Sep 2008, David H Kaufman wrote:

> Thanks for the quick response. I will investigate 0.11rc2 - it's not in
> Gentoo portage yet, but there ways around that (and a bug in their
> bugzilla which I'll add a note to).

Thanks, it would be great to have 0.11rc2 or higher (I'll do a new release
soon) in Gentoo, as 0.10 is so outdated.

> > Mark the file as deleted on the store using bbackupquery, or ask us
> > for help.
>
> I didn't see any way to do this, in 0.10. Is that another 0.11
> innovation?

Sorry, I thought this was implemented but it's not. I'm working on
implementing it now.

> > You can also restore subdirectories so you could manually piece
> > together your filesystem, skipping the broken directory. Boxi will
> > also allow you to exclude files from restoration.
>
> In theory, yes, but without knowing where the breakage was it would have
> been difficult to figure out. I'll take a look at Boxi too.

The newer versions such as 0.11rc2 should be much better at reporting
which file caused a problem when it happened, which should help to do
this.

> If I haven't said this already - boxbackup is great, which is why it's
> worth my effort to investigate each of these issues. So all my questions
> are really a compliment!

Thanks!

\ _/_/_/_//_/___/ | We are GNU : free your mind & your software |