[Box Backup] boxi for windows

Achim boxbackup@boxbackup.org
Sun, 02 Aug 2009 02:36:15 +0200

Hello Chris:

On 02/08/2009 02:00, Chris Wilson wrote:
>> boxi/Makefile.in is not created at all, probably due to some issue
>> with configure.in and/or Makefile.am. If I use the versions from 645
>> for those files with 648, at least ./configure-mingw.sh works fine.
>>
>> This is perhaps related with the changes you introduced with the
>> wxChart inclusion?
>
> Yes, I think it is, but I needed to know exactly which file was not
> being built (for you) in order to narrow down the problem.

I tried to be as precise as I can be, but let me try again:

645 configures and builds fine, as does 646.

For 647 and 648, the "configure-mingw.sh" step fails. I am almost
certain that configure.in and/or Makefile.am that come with 647 and 648
introduced an error which causes the configure process to fail: I don't
even get to the compilation stage, so there is nothing to report about
"exactly which file was not being built".

During "configure-mingw.sh" R645 and R646 work fine, but R647 and R648
fail, and the final lines in the failing "configure-mingw.sh" step are:

[..]
checking for wx-config... /usr/local/bin/wx-config
checking for wxWidgets version >= 2.4.0... yes (version 2.8.10)
checking for wxWidgets static library... yes
checking if wxWidgets was built with UNICODE enabled... yes
checking if wxWidgets was built in DEBUG mode... yes
checking if wxWidgets was built in STATIC mode... yes
checking if wxWidgets port is wxGTK... no
checking if wxWidgets port is wxMotif... no
checking if wxWidgets port is wxMac... no
checking if wxWidgets port is wxX11... no
checking if wxWidgets port is wxMGL... no
checking if wxWidgets port is wxMSW... yes
checking for ranlib... (cached) ranlib
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for ar... ar
checking for strip... strip
checking for nm... nm
checking if make is GNU make... yes
checking for dependency tracking method... gcc
checking for windres... windres
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile

   Configuration for wxchart 1.0 successfully completed.
   Summary of main configuration settings for wxchart:
   - DEBUG build
   - UNICODE mode
   - STATIC mode

   The wxWidgets build which will be used by wxchart 1.0
   has the following settings:
   - DEBUG build
   - UNICODE mode
   - STATIC mode
   - VERSION: 2.8.10
   - PORT: msw

   Now, just run make.

configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: error: cannot find input file: Makefile.in
Error: configure failed, aborting.