[Box Backup] Boxi R657 and Box Backup R2549: Some files are skipped without error or warning

Achim boxbackup@boxbackup.org
Wed, 05 Aug 2009 15:03:46 +0200

Hello Chris:

On Wed, 5 Aug 2009 00:03:52 +0100 (BST), Chris Wilson <chris@qwirx.com>
wrote:
> Are the files in the profile directory sufficiently old to be older than
> the MinimumFileAge? If not, they will not be backed up and there will not

> be any warning, as this is the definition of MinimumFileAge, and it's
> expected that regular backups will continue and will eventually back up
> these files. This should be true of both Box Backup and Boxi.

You are, of course, correct: the files we not sufficiently old to be older
than the MinimumFileAge (default:
21600 seconds, 6 hours).

The default of 6 hours sure seems high from my perspective, given the
"locality" of data: in the worst case scenario, do you really want to lose
6 hours of work? Would you consider lowering that value to 30 minutes or
so, or where does the 6h value come from?

In any case, does this refer to the modified, accessed, or changed time
[1]?

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAC_times