[Box Backup] setting up the server and client

Chris Wilson boxbackup@boxbackup.org
Fri, 7 Aug 2009 18:41:30 +0100 (BST)

Hi Achim and all,

On Fri, 7 Aug 2009, Achim wrote:

> This is a pretty straightforward HOWTO:
> <http://xkr47.outerspace.dyndns.org/howtos/boxbackup/>

Would anyone like to merge this into our wiki? I think having to point
people to another website, with installation instructions that we don't
control and may easily become out of date, is less than ideal.

Why is this guide so much easier to follow than the information already on
our wiki?

> Please keep in mind for your testing purposes that the account numbering
> system currently seems broken between Boxi and Box Backup [1], so only
> use account numbers 1 up to 9 to be on the safe side.

This is only in the account setup wizard. If you generate your Box Backup
keys using the command-line method, everything else in Boxi should work
fine.