[Box Backup] OpenSSL 1.0.0 and PCRE 7.9

Achim boxbackup@boxbackup.org
Tue, 25 Aug 2009 23:03:03 +0200

Hello Edo:

On 25/08/2009 22:22, scartomail wrote:
> It worked, the compilation!

Great.

> I did not reinstall cygwin, there was nothing changed in the howto.
> Am I correct in that assumption?

Correct, Cygwin did not change. However PCRE was upgraded to 7.9, in
addition to the original OpenSSL update. I have already confirmed that
the lasted PCRE also works, which means that now Box Backup can safely
rely on the latest libraries for its dependencies. Perhaps it is time to
update the Wiki build instructions?

> And I did not find a "cd /usr/src" command in the latest "compile boxbackup" part, so I did not.

OK, this only means that you are building Box Backup in a subdirectory
of whatever directory you were in when you typed "svn co
https://www.boxbackup.org/svn/box/trunk/ boxbackup"...

Nothing to worry about, as long as you remember where to look for the
resulting boxbackup folder and its content, such as the binaries.

> And I did not receive any errors during the whole compilation.
> I did get all the files needed for boxbackup like you wrote in the howto.

So you did find the binaries.

> Once it get's out of beta, boxbackup hopefully is too.

;) There are apparently a few tickets missing for the next milestone
[1], perhaps Chris can share with us how he sees the future release
schedule?

Best regards, Achim

[1] <http://www.boxbackup.org/trac/report/3>