[Box Backup] notifyadmin.*

Achim achim+box at qustodium.net
Sun Sep 6 23:09:16 BST 2009

Hello Chris:

On 02/09/2009 21:05, Chris Wilson wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Sep 2009, scartomail wrote:
>
>>> Boxi is supposed to (eventually) give a clear and easy status view to
>>> the user: red light means backup is failing, green light means it's OK.
>>
>> Yes, I noticed that feature. But that is only usefull if you startup a
>> backup manualy. I prefere to let the BB service handle the day to day
>> backups.
>
> No, I mean that it will run as a service that monitors the Box Backup
> service and gives the user a warning if the automated backups run by Box
> Backup are failing.

This is great news: Will we also get a nice tray/dock status icon
(wxTaskBarIcon [1]) that shows the current health of the backup system?

Ideally, Boxi would really be the frontend to graphically select the
data to be backed up, to run restores and compares, and upon pressing
"Backup" Boxi send a "Sync" notification to the running bbackupd process.

Is this along what you have in mind?

Thanks, Achim

PS: I was away for a couple of days due to the birth of my second
child/first son (-:

[1] <http://wiki.wxwidgets.org/WxTaskBarIcon>