[Box Backup] notifyadmin.*

Chris Wilson chris at qwirx.com
Fri Sep 11 23:40:44 BST 2009

Hi Achim,

On Mon, 7 Sep 2009, Achim wrote:

> This is great news: Will we also get a nice tray/dock status icon
> (wxTaskBarIcon [1]) that shows the current health of the backup system?

Yes, exactly.

> Ideally, Boxi would really be the frontend to graphically select the
> data to be backed up, to run restores and compares, and upon pressing
> "Backup" Boxi send a "Sync" notification to the running bbackupd
> process.
>
> Is this along what you have in mind?

More or less, yes. I like the ability to run a manual backup from Boxi
itself, as we get better feedback in case there's a problem, but I'd like
the ability to run a manual backup through Box Backup, as well as
monitoring the progress of the automated backups run by Box Backup.

> PS: I was away for a couple of days due to the birth of my second
> child/first son (-:

Congrats :)

\  __/ / ,__(_)_  | Chris Wilson <chris+sig at qwirx.com> Cambs UK |