[Box Backup] Fwd: building bbackup on fedora

Chris Wilson chris at qwirx.com
Tue Sep 15 09:36:47 BST 2009

Hi Adam,

On Mon, 14 Sep 2009, Adam Aviv wrote:

> Everything builds fine up until the docs. I am getting an Error 5. The
> lines in the make file seem odd to me, e.g.
> 	$(MAKE) -C docs htmlguide/man-html/bbackupd.html
> Why are you calling make on an html? Maybe I am missing a depency? Maybe

That is deliberate, there is another Makefile in the docs directory which
should know how to build this HTML page, but the main Makefile does not,
so it calls out to the sub-Makefile.

What errors do you get when it fails?

> One other note though,
>
> ./configure reports that I don't have the readline library. I do have it
> installed, and the headers are in /usr/include/readline  ... unless this
> is a configuration option?

Please could you post the relevant lines of configure output? Also, please
could you find and post the details of the readline tests in your
config.log file?

\  __/ / ,__(_)_  | Chris Wilson <chris+sig at qwirx.com> Cambs UK |