[IWE] Re: Why does Z keep on going down?

Ben Tilly iwe@warhead.org.uk
Fri, 22 Apr 2005 22:46:52 -0800

On 4/22/05, D. Scott Katzer <dskatzer@os2bbs.com> wrote:
> Hi Ben,
>=20
> It's been down 5+ hours now, AFAIK.

I first noticed around 6 PM PDT.  Same as the previous 2 days.

> I assume it has to do with Greg's attempting to get everything stable on=
=20
> a kernel that is happy with the old versions of Zope, Postgres, etc.,=20
> and Jabber and his antivirus program.  He's mentioned trying to make it=
=20
> stable in posts on z over the last couple of days.

That possibility had occurred.

> Either that or it keeps crashing when he's not around.  :-(

I'd thought of that as well.  And a few other possibilities.

But why guess when I can ask?  So I'm asking.

> I've messed up my Jabber settings and can't get on Peter's server.  :-(
>=20
> (username)@guildenstern.dyndns.org
>=20
> Maybe you'll have better luck.  Tell the folks "hi" for me if you get in=
=20
> there.

I won't be going there for a number of reasons.  The most basic of
which is that my usual home machine is still being booted from
knoppix, and the version of knoppix that I have likes dumping core
when exposed to Jabber.

Cheers,
Ben