[IWE] Maintaining a central log where sysadmins will place th eir work

Peter Whysall iwe@warhead.org.uk
Thu, 3 Feb 2005 15:14:54 -0000

SVN is the new black.

-----Original Message-----
From: Thane Walkup [mailto:inthane@comcast.net]
Sent: 01 February 2005 19:09
To: iwe@warhead.org.uk
Subject: Re: [IWE] Maintaining a central log where sysadmins will place
their work

CVS?

William Oxley wrote:

>We are placing a file to log changes we make in our systems. Since 2 people
editing the file via vi may overwrite anothers comments we need to put a
little front end in place to cocatenate the new entries onto the file. The
file is just a collection of fields where we indicate what changes we make
to a system as we do them. Now rather than re-invent the wheel or go to a
hard copy log book is anyone using a piece of software Open Source
preferable that tracks those sorts of things?