[IWE] Apache 2 : Asset or Liability?

Ben Tilly iwe@warhead.org.uk
Tue, 4 Jan 2005 16:32:14 -0500

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 09:25:33 +0000, Peter Whysall
<peter.whysall@serco.com> wrote:
> I've just switched my web server over to A2 from A1.3.

Why?

> Is this wise? Is there anything I should know? Is there anything I
> should do? Are there any stupidities in the default Debian installation?

I don't know the default Debian installation.

You certainly should configure it to run in pre-fork mode (like 1.3 did)
because a lot of libraries are not thread-safe.

The last time that I checked, mod_perl needs substantial tinkering to
work, much of it not obvious or well-documented.

> IGM input appreciated.

Cheers,
Ben