[IWE] Apache 2 : Asset or Liability?

Peter Whysall iwe@warhead.org.uk
Wed, 05 Jan 2005 07:53:56 +0000

--------------070107090706000605040609

Ben Tilly wrote:
> On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 09:25:33 +0000, Peter Whysall
> <peter.whysall@serco.com> wrote:
>
>>I've just switched my web server over to A2 from A1.3.
>

> Why?

Shiny!

>>Is this wise? Is there anything I should know? Is there anything I
>>should do? Are there any stupidities in the default Debian installation?
>

> I don't know the default Debian installation.
>
> You certainly should configure it to run in pre-fork mode (like 1.3 did)
> because a lot of libraries are not thread-safe.

Yar, I am.

> The last time that I checked, mod_perl needs substantial tinkering to
> work, much of it not obvious or well-documented.

Well, at the moment the only thing I'm using it for is to serve
Squirrelmail (suggestions for webmail that does threaded message lists
welcome), and that's PHP4.

> Cheers,
> Ben

Grazie.

P.

--
Peter Whysall
Site Data & Test Engineer, Serco Integrated Transport

--------------070107090706000605040609

begin:vcard
fn:Peter Whysall
n:Whysall;Peter
org:Serco Integrated Transport;Enhancement & Development Group
adr:Clearwater Park;;Cavendish House, Prince's Wharf;Stockton-on-Tees;;TS16 7QY;United Kingdom
email;internet:peter.whysall@serco.com
title:Site Data & Test Engineer
tel;work:01642 636943
tel;fax:01642 636701