[IWE] Selling a PC. Bah humbug!

Peter Whysall iwe@warhead.org.uk
Thu, 1 Feb 2007 07:37:55 -0000

OK, so I sold my Mac Mini (1.42GHz PPC unit) a while ago on eBay. The
interest in the auction was tremendous - 900+ views, 50 watchers, 25+ =
bids,
went for 80%ish of what I paid for it (Bought for =A3360 in Nov 2005, =
sold for
=A3280 Jan 07).

And now I've got a PC for sale: 3GHz P4, 1GB RAM, 200G disk, Radeon Pro
graphics, 5.1 surround, 18" LCD monitor, yadda yadda. =A3400. Steal. =
And it
all matches. It's a Dell Dimension 8300, so it's not even beige.

Not a bloody sniff. I'm going to eBay it this weekend with no reserve =
and
local pickup only. (The carriage would be ruinous - by the time it's =
boxed
and couriered, it'd be the yon side of =A350 alone)

I'm tempted to give the 5.1 away (ADA995, THX certified and =
everything!) and
transplant my server to it, after replacing all the fans with really =
quiet
ones.

Whether you love or hate Apple, their hardware and their software, you =
have
got to like those residuals.

Regards,

Peter.

Peter Whysall
Analyst
Serco Integrated Transport
Cavendish House
Prince's Wharf
Riverside Park
Stockton-on-Tees
TS17 6QY T +44 (0) 1642 636 943
F +44 (0) 1642 636 701

peter.whysall@serco.com

www.serco.com
=20
This e-mail and any attachments are for the intended addressee(s) only
and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you are not =
named addressee, do not use, retain or disclose such information.
This email is not guaranteed to be free from viruses and does not bind
Serco in any contract or obligation.
Serco Limited. Registered in England and Wales. No: 242246
Registered Office: Serco House,16 Bartley Wood Business Park, Hook,
Hampshire RG27 9UY United Kingdom.