[IWE] Howard Slams Obama

Wade iwe@warhead.org.uk
Mon, 12 Feb 2007 21:03:41 +1100

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 18:36:25 +1100, Peter Whysall
<peter.whysall@serco.com> wrote:

> When that idiot criticises you, you know you're doing something right:

> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/6352785.stm

I wish it were as simple as that.

Howard is feeling the pressure mounting for appearing to be the US's
lapdog and it's looking like he might be about to get cast off, should
Obama get in. Whilst I personally wouldn't mourn such an action, I would
have thought Howard would prefer to be more in control of such a
relationship. So it strikes me as a little odd if he's deliberately
provoking the US.

OTOH, he's used the same line before when one of our previous Leaders of
the Opposition pushed for a committed date to end Iraqi occupation in
years gone by. So he's showing consistency, which seems to be worthwhile
currency in politics. Well, in Australian ones, at least.

Wade.