[IWE] For masochists - SecurityFocus on Vista

Peter Whysall iwe@warhead.org.uk
Fri, 16 Feb 2007 11:49:38 -0000

The simple fact that Microsoft have reserved the right to unilaterally -
and, effectively, for any reason - disable or delete any or all of the
software for which you have paid for a licence means that I will not be
running Vista at home, ever.

There is a viable alternative : Mac OS X. If you're happy with a few rough
edges and a bit more of an adventure, there's Linux. Both are, for the
typical web, mail and a bit of wordprocessing/spreadsheeting scenario of
home use, feature complete /at worst/.

And both have better - MUCH better - mail clients than Windows Vista (in the
shape of Evolution and Mail.app). I've got RC2 of Vista chained up in a
Parallels VM dungeon, and Windows Mail is still crap.

If you choose to run Vista, please do not complain when it fucks you up the
arse. And it will.

Regards

Peter.

This e-mail and any attachments are for the intended addressee(s) only
and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you are not a
named addressee, do not use, retain or disclose such information.
This email is not guaranteed to be free from viruses and does not bind
Serco in any contract or obligation.
Serco Limited. Registered in England and Wales. No: 242246
Registered Office: Serco House,16 Bartley Wood Business Park, Hook,
Hampshire RG27 9UY United Kingdom.