[IWE] Question for the list

D. Scott Katzer iwe@warhead.org.uk
Thu, 11 Jan 2007 08:00:48 -0500

Peter Whysall wrote:
> What's the general feeling about binary attachments on mail to this list?

It wouldn't bother me if the size was reasonable.  I don't see a problem
with a CV.

But wouldn't a link to a FTP or web site be just as good?  Maybe better
in fact since you'd have a better idea of who picked it up and you could
take it down when you wanted.  Anonymous people can read the mailing
list archives and you wouldn't really have an idea of who they are.
(Would attachments be in the archive?)

If one doesn't have such a personal site, then the attachment is an
option, of course, but that doesn't apply in your case - does it?

IOW, do what you need to do.  It won't bother me.

My $0.02.  Hope it helps.  Thanks for asking.  ;-)

Cheers,
Scott.