[IWE] Question for the list Attachments

iwe@warhead.org.uk iwe@warhead.org.uk
Thu, 11 Jan 2007 11:06:31 -0500

----------MB_8C903B1982ECB6F_12A0_765A_FWM-D37.sysops.aol.com

As long as you put the word attachment in the subject header the user could choose whether to open the message or leave it unread until on a broadband connection.
thanx,
bill

-----Original Message-----
From: dskatzer@os2bbs.com
To: iwe@warhead.org.uk
Sent: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 8:00 AM
Subject: Re: [IWE] Question for the list

Peter Whysall wrote:
> What's the general feeling about binary attachments on mail to this list?
> It wouldn't bother me if the size was reasonable. I don't see a problem with a CV.

But wouldn't a link to a FTP or web site be just as good? Maybe better in fact since you'd have a better idea of who picked it up and you could take it down when you wanted. Anonymous people can read the mailing list archives and you wouldn't really have an idea of who they are. (Would attachments be in the archive?)

If one doesn't have such a personal site, then the attachment is an option, of course, but that doesn't apply in your case - does it?

IOW, do what you need to do. It won't bother me.

My $0.02. Hope it helps. Thanks for asking. ;-)

Cheers,
Scott.

----------MB_8C903B1982ECB6F_12A0_765A_FWM-D37.sysops.aol.com

<HTML><BODY>