[IWE] C# ODBCReader questions

Barry Roomberg iwe@warhead.org.uk
Fri, 12 Jan 2007 19:47:10 -0500

On Friday 12 January 2007 5:27, Christian Conrad wrote:

> Two questions occur: Critter, wouldn't it almost have been quicker to type
> that, than finding and pasting that example? ;-) And Barry, don't you have
> *any* bloody documentation that says the same thing?

This example is for ADO (I think). I was asking about ODBC, not ADO.
I'm waffling in my usage, since if I use the ADO driver, then I'm sinking
deeper and deeper into MS dependancy.

> Note that I'm not necessarily blaming you, Barry; for all I know, your C#
> docs really might suck so badly. Had you been using Delphi, selecting your
> Table [Query, DataSet, whatever] object and pressing F1 for help would have
> told you exactly that.

Pressing F1 in this environment starts down the twisty path of the .NET docs.
They are typically pretty bad, at least for me, with very limited examples.

I've bought most of the O'Reilly C# books, and have tried to absorb, but that
was a while ago.  I had about a month of concentrated coding (total crap)
about 2 years ago, and then nothing until last week.

At this point I've getting comfortable again.  Not good, just comfortable.  On
a scale of 1 - 10, I'm probably a 1 1/2.