[IWE] What goes up...

Bill Patient iwe@warhead.org.uk
Tue, 6 Mar 2007 11:14:07 -0500

Ahhh...a new round of withdrawal.

by the way peeps, Lenovo froze hiring before I could get in. Raleigh is
therefor a large question at this point. The job prospects are now Charlotte
and Eastern FL north of Daytona.

Other than that and the currently family crisis (we are about to have a
death in the family and a wedding..all in the same week), all is peachy.

-----Original Message-----
From: iwe-admin@warhead.org.uk [mailto:iwe-admin@warhead.org.uk]On
Behalf Of Jack Troughton
Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2007 10:58 AM
To: iwe@warhead.org.uk
Subject: Re: [IWE] What goes up...

Thane Walkup wrote:

<cut>

> On 3/6/07, Jack Troughton <2jaft@qlink.queensu.ca> wrote:
>>
>> Thane Walkup wrote:
>>> ...must come down. :(
>>>
>>> Can't get a response out of the server, name doesn't show up in
>>> the DNS records right now.
>>
>> Yep, same here. Was hoping it was a local problem, but apparently
>> not.

<paste>

> Who/what is your ISP?  Peter, do you have the IP fixed in your hosts
> file? It looks like the issue is DNS from my end - the system could
> very well be up, I just can't see it.

I don't know; it was working here yestreday, so I can't see how it could
just disappear from it again:

[D:\]nslookup
Default Server:  kenobi.cogeco.net
Address:  24.226.10.193

 > z.iwethey.org
Server:  kenobi.cogeco.net
Address:  24.226.10.193

*** kenobi.cogeco.net can't find z.iwethey.org: Server failed

Something's not right.

Cheers,

Jack