[IWE] Palin: the death of a thousand cuts

James Bennett iwe@warhead.org.uk
Wed, 1 Oct 2008 22:55:22 -0500

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 9:42 PM, William Oxley <williamoxley@aol.com> wrote:
> rather odd, they dont show bidens answer. She was very firm on the one
> decision she disagreed with. Trotted out the predictable states rights
> answer and how to cover the granted right of privacy but she is not running
> for the USSC just to be able to appoint justices (if ever prez) with
> senatorial consent.
> Dont see the problem here tho its obvious that US vs miller needs to be
> overturned.

So, if you're a candidate for one of the highest national offices in
the land, and you passionately believe that the Supreme Court has been
getting things wrong, isn't it logical to expect that you could, you
know, actually cite some examples of where they got it wrong?

Also, I find it bothersome that the Republican Party currently seems
to believe that the oaths of office of the President and
Vice-President consist in their entirety of swearing to attack a
handful of court decisions.