[IWE] what fannie freddie crisis

Wade Bowmer iwe@warhead.org.uk
Thu, 9 Oct 2008 11:07:25 +1100

------=_Part_98584_7691858.1223510845373

Perhaps a mini-digest of your findings once every few days would be a
compromise. Just a thought.

Wade.

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 11:00 AM, William Oxley <williamoxley@aol.com> wrote:

> rather than get into withdrawing Ben more from the scene, I am very happy
> to wait. If a political meesage comes in from elsewhere I will reply offlist
> to the sender. No worries here,
>
> On Oct 8, 2008, at 7:12 PM, Ashton Brown wrote:
>

>> Ben Tilly wrote:
>>
>>> On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 2:49 PM, Peter Whysall
>>> <peter.whysall@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>>> I have a different request.  I would prefer it if boxley stops
>>> spamming the list with these articles.  Just save them up and post in
>>> Politics when the website is up again.
>>>
>>> That's because I have no interest in being annoyed by a constant
>>> stream of his political crap.  Right now half the threads in my in box
>>> are boxley.  As a result I'm almost to the point of either blocking
>>> all emails from him or unsubscribing from the list.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Ben
>>>
>> Sorry you're annoyed.
>> Factoid: IWE has been down for some time, just as the world implodes.
>> Maybe you're not interested in 'politics', even while it has a vise-grip
>> on your ass -- your call; but as a former-IWE participant, you're hardly a
>> voter in 'policy' there, now, don't you think?
>>
>> For now , temporarily -- this list IS micro-IWE, thanks entirely to the
>> kilowatts and other generosity of Peter.
>> Suck it up, learn to use delete, sulk - but you have no vote on its
>> management, I wot.
>>
>> As to critique of Box's missives - -
>> While I find many 1s on the 0-10 scale, occasionally there's a 9 -- So
>> usually I have a peek, but that's just me.
>> (Comprehending Boxlish is also a constant exercise for grey cells,
>> creating new networks in the cilia 'twixt axons and other routers.) Don't
>> want to get early-onset of Alzheimers, now do we?
>>
>> OK - killfile moi too.  I can learn to live with that {sniff}
>>
>> Sympathies also included re.  your multiplexed activities, kindern and
>> all.
>> Here's a cheery note, the text wrapped-around, for a Klein cartoon
>> permanently ensconced on my fridge:
>> Depicting someone with head pressed-flat onto shoulder ... via a whole
>> stack of 'things'
>>
>> /So often
>> We fail to see
>> that the unrelenting,
>> sometimes even horrific,
>> pressures we live <small>under</small>
>> are actually pressures
>> that we created
>> by our own Desires
>> in the first
>> place/.
>>

>> Cheers

------=_Part_98584_7691858.1223510845373

On Oct 8, 2008, at 7:12 PM, Ashton Brown wrote:<br>
Ben Tilly wrote:<br>
On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 2:49 PM, Peter Whysall<br>
&lt;<a href="mailto:peter.whysall@ntlworld.com" target="_blank">peter.whysall@ntlworld.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
On Wed, 8 Oct 2008 17:45:42 -0400, William Oxley wrote:<br>
you are separating by header as opposed to subject? okay I will learn to<br>
type<br>
Most proper (i.e. non-web and non-Outlook) clients do this. Hell, even<br>
Entourage (MS&#39; Outlook-a-like for OS X) does this.<br>
Simply changing the subject line isn&#39;t enough to de-thread things for<br>
mail clients that thread properly.<br>
I have a different request. &nbsp;I would prefer it if boxley stops<br>
spamming the list with these articles. &nbsp;Just save them up and post in<br>
Politics when the website is up again.<br>
That&#39;s because I have no interest in being annoyed by a constant<br>
stream of his political crap. &nbsp;Right now half the threads in my in box<br>
are boxley. &nbsp;As a result I&#39;m almost to the point of either blocking<br>
all emails from him or unsubscribing from the list.<br>
Regards,<br>
Ben<br>
Sorry you&#39;re annoyed.<br>
Factoid: IWE has been down for some time, just as the world implodes.<br>
Maybe you&#39;re not interested in &#39;politics&#39;, even while it has a vise-grip on your ass -- your call; but as a former-IWE participant, you&#39;re hardly a voter in &#39;policy&#39; there, now, don&#39;t you think?<br>

For now , temporarily -- this list IS micro-IWE, thanks entirely to the kilowatts and other generosity of Peter.<br>
Suck it up, learn to use delete, sulk - but you have no vote on its management, I wot.<br>
As to critique of Box&#39;s missives - -<br>
While I find many 1s on the 0-10 scale, occasionally there&#39;s a 9 -- So usually I have a peek, but that&#39;s just me.<br>
(Comprehending Boxlish is also a constant exercise for grey cells, creating new networks in the cilia &#39;twixt axons and other routers.) Don&#39;t want to get early-onset of Alzheimers, now do we?<br>
OK - killfile moi too. &nbsp;I can learn to live with that {sniff}<br>
Sympathies also included re. &nbsp;your multiplexed activities, kindern and all.<br>
Here&#39;s a cheery note, the text wrapped-around, for a Klein cartoon permanently ensconced on my fridge:<br>
Depicting someone with head pressed-flat onto shoulder ... via a whole stack of &#39;things&#39;<br>
/So often<br>
We fail to see<br>
that the unrelenting,<br>
sometimes even horrific,<br>
pressures we live &lt;small&gt;under&lt;/small&gt;<br>
are actually pressures<br>
that we created<br>
by our own Desires<br>
in the first<br>