[IWE] Sara Palin calls Kissinger naive

Ben Tilly iwe@warhead.org.uk
Fri, 26 Sep 2008 08:50:32 -0700

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 8:26 AM, Jay Mehaffey <jaym667@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Palin may not have heard it, but Kissinger did say we should negotiate with
> Iran without preconditions.

Look guys, I dislike Palin as much as any of you, but saying we should
negotiate with Iran doesn't generally mean that we sit down with the
Iranian leader without preconditions.  It means that underlings over
here contact underlings over there, and come to enough of a meeting of
minds that when the leaders sit down there is a clear agenda and the
broad outline of a potential agreement.

Calling her on a non-issue like this just makes people look petty.
Why not focus on more substantial stuff, such as the fact that she
started to describe the Wall St bailout to Katie Couric she said that
it needed to include things like health care reform and tax relief?
In other words she is completely clueless about the biggest current
issue facing America.  That's real.  That's scary.  And that doesn't
look petty when you harp about it.

Cheers,
Ben