[Xml-bin] An attempt to sort things out [long]

Stephen D. Williams sdw@lig.net
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 09:35:23 -0400

Al Snell wrote:
> I'm proud to say that Olivier's invitied me to join the ASN.1 <-> XML
> working group :-)
Have fun!

> Therefore, I'd be inclined to say that we ought to be focussing on a
> "DOM-like" representation of an XML document in a binary file, meaning
> that DOM tree operations should be implementable in constant time (eg, the
> element gives pointers to its children that can be followed directly
> rather than requiring parsing of all the children to find the desired
> one).

As I've mentioned, this is what I am interested in.  Further, throwing
together a static binary structure is easy.  It's making a flat but
modifiable format that's interesting to me.  Deltas and overlays are
also important.

I could use help thinking of how to represent the latter.  I'll request
it in a separate message.

sdw

--
sdw@lig.net  http://sdw.st