[Xml-bin] CORBA Objects By Value (Valuetypes) version of DOM

Al Snell alaric@alaric-snell.com
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 01:06:41 +0100 (BST)

On 29 Apr 2001, Steinar Bang wrote:

> Granted, this is a different thing than what this mailing list aims
> for.  Rather than a searchable, and navigable binary format, this is a
> description of a serialization and regeneration of a DOM tree.

Ah, I think I remember some mention of this on comp.object.corba or
similar! They were complaining that a direct serialisation of a DOM tree
is bigger than the XML document, I think, and wondering about more
efficient ways of sending XML stuff around in a CORBA environment...

ABS

--
                               Alaric B. Snell
 http://www.alaric-snell.com/  http://RFC.net/  http://www.warhead.org.uk/