[Box Backup] Available: a couple of EXPERIMENTAL BoxBackup patches.

Nick Knight boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Tue, 26 Apr 2005 13:44:54 +0100

This is a question for Ben then, is this going to be included in the
main source, at the mo there is yours, Gary's and mine, would be nice to
get back to one at some point.

For the mo I am merging in Gary's diffs as I know the problems he fixes
are high priority.

Nick

-----Original Message-----
From: boxbackup-admin@fluffy.co.uk [mailto:boxbackup-admin@fluffy.co.uk]
On Behalf Of Gary
Sent: 26 April 2005 12:10
To: boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Subject: RE: [Box Backup] Available: a couple of EXPERIMENTAL BoxBackup
patches.

Nick,

> I think you maybe right on this, I am assuming that the patches you
> have created are only required on the client?

Unfortunately, no, bbstored has to be patched/rebuilt as well, due to a
new GetIsAlive()/IsAlive() client-server command set (it wasn't that
nice to keep requesting account usage info instead of a dedicated keep
alive command). Other utilities like bbackupctrl have to be rebuilt as
well, to allow for new bbstored.conf entries (error checking).

Gary