[Box Backup] Client distribution schemes?

Mr R G Shepherd boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 23 Mar 2005 11:44:59 +0000

Garry Glendown wrote:
> Mr R G Shepherd wrote:
>
>> c:\program files\boxbackup for windows is obvious - although needs
>> admin priv's. Has anyone considered this
>

> Hard-coded paths are always a bad thing(tm) ... e.g., on german
> windblows, it would rather be "C:\programme\..." (though, again, relying
> on c: is not good)

I know nothing of windows programming or the like, so a shot in the dark,

is it possible to retrieve the path to "c:\progam files or equivalent" from the reg
or something?

How would one get around hardcoded paths for a software updater?

Cheers

Rob